Franklin County Scholarship Info.
The Franklin County School District has comprised a list of local and state scholarship opportunities that are sponsored by different groups and organizations. Each scholarship has a unique set of criteria and application process. Information is supect to change and is uploaded as it is made available.
What is financial aid?
Financial aid is funding provided by federal, state, and local governments, along with other organizations, to help a student pay for the cost of postsecondary education.
HOW MUCH FINANCIAL AID WILL YOU NEED?
COST OF EDUCATION
- EXPECTED FAMILY CONTRIBUTION (EFC)
= FINANCIAL NEED
THERE ARE FOUR TYPES OF FINANCIAL AID:
- SCHOLARSHIPS money is given based on skill, achievement or financial need. These do not have to be repaid.
- LOANS Money can be borrowed at a low interest rate based on financial need. Loans do have to be repaid.
- GRANTS Money you receive if you show financial need. Grants do not have to be repaid.
- STUDENT EMPLOYMENT Work while going to school to help pay your expenses.