Volunteering - A Work of Heart
Volunteers are a vital resource for our schools and bring much-needed assistance, experience and knowledge to our school communities. A volunteer for a single event that takes place for the duration of one day only does not need to submit an application but must check in through the front office with a school administrator and present a valid driver's license.
Purpose of the School/Office Volunteer Program
- Assist in classrooms, thereby allowing teachers to attend to students in need of extra help
- Support school personnel in meeting the needs of students more effectively
- Strengthen school/home/community relations by engaging parents and the community as school volunteers
- Provide adult role models for students through tutoring and mentoring opportunities that broaden their educational experience
- Provide enriching intergenerational experiences for students and senior citizens that enrich students' lives.
Any person interested in participating in a school’s volunteer program must complete our volunteer application annually. If a person does not have access to the necessary technology to complete the online volunteer application, he/she may contact the Human Resource Department to assist in completing and submitting the application on the person’s behalf. To ensure all requirements are met a volunteer should complete the following:
- Submit an application to the District Office
- Complete background screenings required by the State of Florida (Fingerprinting is at NO cost to the volunteer)
- Take a photo for an ID Badge
- Where the volunteer will be assigned
- Designate an employee to oversee volunteers
No person may provide volunteer service until all necessary clearances are verified by the District Office and approved by the principal. A badge will be provided for the volunteers and should be worn at all times while on campus. Volunteers are required to re-register each school year and update all information.